About the Program
Because each school within Rutgers recognizes up to 12 credits offered by the other, students in the Law and Business Administration program of Rutgers University are able to earn both a JD and an MBA in just four years -- one year less than it would take to earn them individually. Generally, dual degree candidates take the required JD curriculum in the first academic year and the full-time MBA core curriculum in the second academic year. During the third and fourth academic year, candidates take a combination of both disciplines.
Students are required to meet the admissions requirements of both schools in order to be eligible for the program. Prospective applicants are encouraged to apply simultaneously and independently to both schools. Typically, the student will file an application with the School of Law, take the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT), and present the report of undergraduate work provided by the Law School Data Assembly Service. Applicants will submit the separate, self-managed application to Rutgers Business School.
- Information Technology
- Management & Global Business
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Supply Chain Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Rutgers Law: priority deadline on March 15 and final deadline on May 15
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Legal Studies Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1739 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee (non-refundable) of $65.00
- GRE or GMAT Test Results
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- You must submit the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have done 3 or more years of their undergraduate work or have obtained a graduate degree in the U.S.
- You must provide two letters of reference
- Current Resume
- Essay - you must select 1 of the 3 essay topics below. Essay should be typed, double spaced, and 2 pages in length.
International49298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24649 USD per semester during 48 months.
National49298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24649 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State28396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14198 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.