These two programs provide an educational experience rooted in the poetics of materials and the communication of cultural meaning, speculations on the pleasures and dilemmas of contemporary city dwelling, and the potential of architecture to promote social transformation for the common good.
The Architecture program from Portland State University incorporates a series of design studios taken alongside courses in advanced technology, theory, and the profession, followed by a year-long individual design thesis project. The M.Arch is a two-year professional degree accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board.
Students graduating with a Master of Architecture typically become licensed architects, through the licensing process described by NCARB.
Other career paths include urban planning, urban design, project management, architectural design, retail design, exhibition design, graphic design, public interest design, and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Architectural Theory
- Professional Practice
- Advanced Architectural Technology
- Architectural Design Studio
- Pro-Thesis Seminar
- Design Development Studio
- Design Thesis
- Integrated Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Interior Design View 114 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Scanned official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended (See Graduate Admission Transcript Requirements for more information about acceptable transcript formats. If admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts in hard-copy form.)
- Proof of English-language proficiency (See English Language Proficiency Requirement for more information.)
- Statement of intent
- Résumé listing work experience, educational background and travel experiences
- Three letters of recommendation
- Representative sample of your academic writing on any subject
- Portfolio of creative work (see below; digital PDF is required)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 734 USD per credit during 24 months.
National27158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 734 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State18611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 503 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.