About the Program
Members of the graduate faculty in the Italian program of Rutgers University approach Italian culture from a range of disciplinary and theoretical perspectives, such as philology, theology, political philosophy, cultural theory, film theory, postcolonial studies, and cultural studies of food, gender and sexuality.
Students in our MA and MAT programs enroll either full or part-time. Full-time MAT students can apply for the Paragano Fellowship for Teachers of Italian.
The M.A.T. program is intended primarily for those who are teaching, or intend to teach, at the secondary school level. The program emphasizes language, literature, and culture.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Italian Food Culture
- Dante Seminar
- Italian Literature of the 20th Century
- Literary Relationships
- Topics in Italian Literature Culture
- Research in Italian
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 753 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All undergraduate and graduate academic transcripts;
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's work;
- A statement of purpose, indicating the applicant’s current academic interests and long-term goals;
- For students with American degrees, GRE scores;
- For international students, TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores;
- A writing sample, 1,500-2,000 words in length, demonstrating the applicant’s critical abilities (M.A. and Ph.D. applicants).
International15456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per year during 12 months.
National15456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.