The Master degree programme in Physics of Condensed Matter and Biological Systems at Autonomous University of Madrid offers two specializations: Nanophysics and Biophysics.
Within the Nanophysics specialization, the student will acquire a wide range of basic, methodological, and technological knowledge and skills related to the study of the properties of solids and liquids, as well as in the area of nanoscience.
In the Biophysics specialization, the students will gain a quantitative understanding of biological organisms, systems, and processes from the point of view of physics, as well as of the most advanced physical techniques used in their study. Emphasis will be given not only to theoretical knowledge but also to computational and experimental tools.
The Master is aimed at graduates in Physics or Materials Science (for Nanophysics specialization) as well as to graduates in experimental or life sciences (Biology and Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medicine, Chemistry, Mathematics, Engineering) for the Biophysics specialization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students of both specializations will share a common block of subjects (15 ECTS) where they will become familiar with the main experimental techniques in the fields of Nano and Biophysics (choosing from a wide offer those best tailored to their interests), with the fundamentals of physicochemical processes governing the behavior of complex molecular systems, and with professional skills and transversal competences.
- Then they will diversify by specializations, with a module of compulsory specialization subjects (12 ECTS) and elective subjects (12 ECTS). There is flexibility to take subjects from different specializations depending on student interests.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- DNI / Passport .
- Curriculum Vitae (cv). The vast majority of masters accept a free cv format but some require a special format, so you should consult it on the master's page.
- Academic certification of grades : this document contains, among other information, the list of subjects of your Degree and the grades obtained in each of them. It is not necessary that the certificate be issued by the administration of the center, it would be worth the document that you can download from the digital platform of the university where you have studied.
- Certificate of the average mark of the subjects taken so far on a numerical scale from 0 to 10 . Like the certification of grades, it is not necessary that the certificate be issued by the administration of the center and would be valid with the document that you can download from the digital platform.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.