This Master’s Degree in Biotechnology at the Autonomous University of Madrid aims to train professionals capable solving different types of practical problems through knowledge and manipulation of biological systems, as well as transferring solutions to industry.
Consequently, this Master’s Degree has a dual orientation as it serves as introduction to research in Biotechnology and also has a professional nature i.e. it seeks to provide advanced training for professional specialists in the biotechnological sector who use biotechnological tools.
Thus, this programme aims to meet the growing demand for well trained professionals in the field of biotechnology in our society, as well as contributing the rapid practical application of the new knowledge generated by basic researchThe Master’s Degree in Biotechnology offers 4 fields of specialization (Health Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Microorganism Biotechnology and Industrial Biotechnology and NanoBiotechnology) and each one of them provides the possibility to have a practical introduction to research work or to carry out a work placement in a biotechnology company.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical analysis of scientific literature. Applied statistics for Molecular Biosciences
- Genetic and protein engineering
- Economic and legal aspects of Biotechnology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Microorganisms Biotechnology
- Bioprocess engineering (partly in spanish)
- Biocatalysis and nanobiotechnology
- Master's Final Dissertation (TFM)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicant's academic record (50-70%).
- The adequacy of the applicant’s profile to the Master (previous stays at research centers, scholarships, and letters of recommendation). Interviews with applicants may be conducted. (10-35%) .
- Other merits, including the adequacy of the applicant’s interests to the general researching lines of the Groups attached to the Posgraduate Program in the field of Biotechnology (5-15%).
- Once the deadline for submitting applications is over, applicants who have met all requirements must submit a selection form online. To this end, each applicant will be sent by e-mail instructions for access. Students will have a maximum term of 4 working days from the deadline for applications to submit the form. The purpose of the form is to assess all aspects mentioned in points 1-3.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.