- The Master’s Degree in English Applied Linguistics at the Autonomous University of Madrid may also be an attractive option for graduates with a specialization in languages from the Master’s Degree in Teacher Training for Lower and Upper Secondary Education, and is open to students with other degrees that are not directly related.
- Nevertheless, as this programme is focused on the study of English, and taught entirely in this language, proficiency in English is considered an essential requirement to reach the course objectives. Applicants must accredit having achieved the B2 level in English according to the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages, by submitting a diploma such as the Advanced Certificate issued by the Spanish Official School of Languages (Certificado Superior de Aptitud de la Escuela Oficial de Idiomas), or by demonstrating a sufficient command of English in the course of an interview.
- Students whose previous studies have little in common with this Master’s Programme will be asked to take a complementary course of training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master in English Applied Linguistics at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, offers students the concepts and tools they need to analyse languages and apply linguistic analyses in different fields and from various perspectives: the role of language in society, language in human cognition, the way languages are learnt, the way they change, language as culture, translation, intercultural communication, the English language in the mass media, and in the academic and commercial worlds.
- The programme is designed for graduates in studies related to English, or from degrees whose object of study has to do with language and communication. The language of study is English: applicants need to be able to read academic texts and communicate in English (B2 level).
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic Record of your Degree Studies (Subjects and Grades).
- Those students with additional Master/PhD studies are encouraged to attach them as Supplementary or Additional documents, but their studies of access are compulsory the Bachelor/Engineer Degree the Master Degree, with its corresponding average grade.
- Average grade statement. Consult lateral menu, “Average grade statement”
- Curriculum Vitae (Certain Master Degrees require a specific format. Please, consult the Master Degree’s web page for further details.
- Itinerary/Specialty Request Form. To download from the web page in those Master Degrees when required.
- Specific Documentation for each programme (Certain programmes may require additional documentation) you can consult the specific requirements for admission in the corresponding Master Degree’s web page.
International11400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 190 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National11400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 190 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Madrid
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.