The Public Health program of San Francisco State University provides:
- Professional preparation in the core competencies, functions, and responsibilities required of master level community health educators.
- Embraces an ecological approach, including a curriculum that addresses determinants of health at the individual, interpersonal, organizational, community, and policy levels.
- Builds the specialized professional competencies required to promote health and prevent disease among culturally diverse populations.
- Incorporates the principles of adult learning in the application of knowledge and skills to specific public health problems.
- Engages students in applying theory and research to practice in partnership with communities to address the social determinants of health, reduce inequities, and contribute to building healthy communities.
- Emphasizes collaborative leadership and team building through a cohorted learning community approach.
- Serves the campus community and the communities of the Bay Area through developing mutually beneficial partnerships with communities, community-based organizations, public health departments, and other public and private institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Public Health and Principles of Community Organizing
- Community Health Education Skills ePortfolio
- Theories of Social Behavioral Change in Community Health Education
- Community Health Assessment
- Public Health Profession Practice
- Advanced Public Health Profession Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health View 802 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Health Education Department MPH Application form
- Evidence of academic excellence, as reflected in a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- GRE scores
- English language proficiency
3,700 cumulative hours of previous health-related work experience; paid or volunteer; part-time or full-time positions
International8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.