The Bioengineering degree has two tracks:
- The Global Medical Innovation (GMI) track is designed specifically for students who want to pursue a career in the global medical technology industry; and
The Applied Bioengineering track is designed as a flexible degree for students who want to pursue careers in research, medicine or related fields.
Applications for the Global Medical Innovation (GMI) track are due by January 15. However, due to expanded interest in the program, a second round of applications has opened with a deadline of March 4. Both application deadline dates are for fall admission.
Applications for the Applied Bioengineering track are due by October 30 for spring admission and April 30 for fall admission.
Students may enroll for the Applied Bioengineering track on a full-time or part-time basis. Students may only enroll on a full-time basis for the GMI track. All curriculum must be approved by the Graduate Academic Affairs Committee and the Bioengineering Department. This is done on a case-by-case basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical technology design seminar
- Life science entrepreneurship and the roles of founders and venture captial on high tech startup
- Technical and managerial communications
- Management for science and engineering
- Technology entrepreneurship
- Applied statistics for bioengineering and biotechnology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 292 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores - The verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing scores must be reported. (No advanced tests are required.)
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.