What you will learn
The Communicative Disorders MSc program offered at San Francisco State University includes all academic and clinical experiences necessary for American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA) certification in speech-language pathology, State of California Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential, and the State of California license to practice speech-language pathology. Students are required to complete all academic and clinical courses. The practice of speech-language pathology in the state of California requires a license issued by the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Examining Committee Medical Board of California. Exempted settings are public schools and federal facilities. The academic and clinical requirements for the state license are similar to those of ASHA requirements in speech-language pathology.
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Practices in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- Counseling in Communicative Disorders
- Advanced Seminar in Language Disorders in Children
- Neurogenic Disorders of Language
- Seminar in Motor Speech Disorder
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Language Studies Psychology View 1188 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Complete the on-line CSU Mentor application
- English language proficiency
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors or individuals conversant with work with speech, language, and/or hearing impaired individuals must be submitted
- Undergraduate degree in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences, or completion of equivalent course
International8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 24 months.
National8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.