This fully online Master of Science in Health Care Management (MSHM) from Rutgers University builds upon the experiences of current health professionals by strengthening competencies in management, leadership, strategic planning, finance, quality assurance, informatics, legal compliance and ethics. The program is offered part-time, allowing students to work full-time while pursuing an advanced degree. We offer three specialized tracks: Management and Leadership, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, and Health Care Informatics.
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for medical health service managers is expected to grow 17 percent through 2024. An advanced degree will enable graduates to accelerate their careers in one of today’s fastest-growing occupational fields.
The Healthcare Management Master’s program offers three specialized tracks:
- The Healthcare Informatics Track
- The Management and Leadership track
- The Behavioral Health
More informationVisit official programme website
- Ethical Issues in Health Care Practice
- Health Care Information Systems
- Legal Aspects of Health Care
- Introduction to Electronic Health Systems
- Healthcare Policy and Planning
- Health Care Data Management
- Information Management and Communication Technologies
- Health Care Information Privacy, Security and Confidentiality
- Quality Management in Health Care
- Research Methods for the Health Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management View 181 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Minimum of a bachelor of science degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- A minimum of two to three years full-time experience working in the healthcare industry
- Two letters of recommendation using the Recommender Form
- Structured personal statement
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions attended
- Completed application
- Payment of application fee
International736 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 736 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National736 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 736 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.