Agricultural Economics at University of Saskatchewanprovides opportunities for students to learn and use advanced theoretical and empirical methods in applied economics. Research is applied to real world problems in the multifaceted agri-food sector which encompasses issues in resource management, environmental sustainability, production economics, supply chains, regulation, transport, food quality and safety, rural development, innovation management, public policy and international trade.
Use advanced theoretical and empirical methods in applied economics to study real world problems in the field of agriculture and food. Our department's areas of specialization are: natural resource economics; environmental sustainability and evaluation; international trade policy; supply chain management; public policy and regulation; farm business management; economics of technological change; rural development; agri-food marketing; food safety and quality; and agricultural production economics.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Natural resource economics
- Environmental sustainability and evaluation
- International trade policy
- Supply chain management
- Public policy and regulation
- Farm business management
- Economics of technological change
- Rural development
- Agri-food marketing
- Food safety and quality
- Agricultural production economics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Agriculture View 49 other Masters in Economics in Canada
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- background training including training in mathematics, statistics, economic theory, and econometrics
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.