The objective of the Food and Business Economics program of Rutgers University is to develop the ability of students to apply economic theory and high levels of quantitative and analytical skills to significant problems facing society in the areas of: economics of biotech/pharmaceutical sectors, production and marketing of agricultural and food products, land/environmental policy and management, and international development.
- Small class size, world class research, practical solutions!
- Graduates are well-prepared for higher studies as well as for the real world.
- This program enables highly motivated students to become better qualified for the real world.
- Because of their high levels of quantitative and analytical skills, the longevity of our graduates in the private sector is higher than the graduates of some comparable fields.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods in Applied Economics
- Microeconomic Theory Applications
- Applied Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Food Sciences View 682 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or better is required at the time of application
- All students entering the program are expected to have had courses in intermediate micro economic theory, statistics, and calculus. Students without the necessary background may be admitted provisionally; however, they are required to take courses to make up any deficiencies in these areas. Courses taken to rectify background deficiencies cannot be used as credit towards satisfying degree requirements.
- Non-native speakers are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- Factors used in evaluating applicants are: : undergraduate GPA; grades in economics, business, mathematics, and statistics courses; TOEFL scores (if applicable), letters of recommendation, and the personal statement. We do not require GRE.
International30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.