About the Program
The Food Science program at Rutgers University offers students the opportunity to study in an area of the country that is rich in resources for learning and research. More than a third of the 100 major food companies in the United States have headquarters, manufacturing, or research facilities in New Jersey. This gives students the unique advantage of being able to interact with one of the most important segments of the manufacturing sector in the state.
The Graduate Program in Food Science has almost 40 outstanding faculty members with expertise in food biology, food chemistry, food engineering and occupies modern, well-equipped facilities on the Cook Campus. A large part-time graduate student population and very active local sections of the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) provide unique opportunities for industrial interaction.
The Food Science Graduate Program strives to include both traditional and non-traditional graduate students so the number of matriculated part-time students is significant. Most graduate courses are offered after 4:30 p.m. to accommodate working (part-time) students and corporate-based students. Interactive two-way videoconferencing is available on a limited basis to some corporate partners.
- Flavor Chemistry
- Food Science Instrumentation
- Carbohydrates in Foods
- Lipid Chemistry
- Chemistry of Food Proteins
- Food Engineering Fundamentals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 2102 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Good academic records from food science, chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or other related science disciplines (minimum GPA: 3.2/4.0)
- Three good letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals
- GRE scores, minimum 151 verbal and 156 quantitative (taken within the last 5 years)
- We require a minimum TOFEL iBT score of 99 for non-native English speakers (reading: 26, listening: 25, speaking: 23, writing: 25) or a minimum IELTS score bandwidth 7.0 (reading: 7.0, listening: 7.0, speaking: 7.0, writing: 6.5). TOEFL iBT/IELTS scores should be 2 years old or less. The revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test is not accepted. TOEFL scores are not required for students that have a degree from an institution where instruction is entirely in English.
- Good personal statement (1 page description of why you want to obtain a graduate degree in Food Science at Rutgers)
International15456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per year during 12 months.
National15456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.