The keystone of the Entomology program of Rutgers University is individual research projects performed by graduate students under close supervision by faculty in the Departments of Entomology; Ecology, Evolution, and Natural Resources; Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Environmental and Occupational Health; and Plant Science, as well as several research centers including the Center for Turfgrass Science, leading to the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees.
This intensive research training program is complemented with formal course work. A Ph.D. course of study includes courses in Insect Structure and Function, Insect Taxonomy, Insect Collection, and Seminar in Entomology where the student is invited to present one seminar. Coursework also includes two additional entomology courses on subjects ranging from Insect Ecology to Toxicology of Pesticides.
Learning Goals and Assessment
- Grades in graduate courses
- Review by faculty of student progress with close advising and mentoring
- Close advising to assure that students are being prepared in a coherent and academically rigorous way
- Effective monitoring of student progress
- Provide early introduction to research methods and opportunities for research
- Provide opportunities to present research and receive feedback
- Provide comprehensive advising and assist in the identification of mentors
- Insect Structure and Function
- Insect Taxonomy
- Insect Collection
- Seminar in Entomology
- Ethics and Development in Ecology or Evolution
- Ethical Scientific Conduct
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Biochemistry View 742 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Applicants must secure an adviser and funding prior to being admitted to the program
- GRE General Test is optional
- TOEFL is required for international applicants
International30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.