About this Degree
University of Kansas Aerospace Engineering is an international leader in aerospace education and is committed to developing a global community of choice for students, educators, and researchers by strategically aligning teaching, research, and service missions. A world-class graduate and undergraduate education focused on designing, simulating, building, testing, and flying aerospace vehicles is provided.
Aerospace engineering prepares graduates for professional practice in the aerospace industry and graduate study in aerospace engineering. Achievement is measured through assessment of the performance of graduates three to six years after graduation. Graduates must demonstrate the following measurable learning outcomes:
- Competence in the analysis, test, and design of aerospace systems and components using contemporary techniques, equipment, and software.
- An understanding of the professional responsibilities associated with the special public safety and economic aspects of the aerospace industry.
- The ability to communicate analysis test, and design results to engineers and nonengineers.
- The ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
- An understanding of the need for lifelong learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master of Science (M.S.) program in Aerospace Engineering (AE) has 2 options.
- The Thesis Option requires a minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate work. The course work includes 3 hours of math and 6 hours earned in the satisfactory completion of a thesis.
- The Project Option requires a minimum of 30 hours of graduate work. The course work includes 3 hours of math, 24 hours of other courses, and at least 3 hours in the satisfactory completion of a project (AE 895, M.S. Thesis or Project).
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 1443 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Transcripts from all degree-granting institutions: for processing purposes, you may attach scanned versions of official transcripts to your application, as well as a copy of your degree certificate and/or diploma if the degree has been earned outside the US. A printout from a student portal is NOT considered an official copy.
- Transcripts that are in a language other than English must be accompanied with English translations.
- NOTE: Documents uploaded with your application are not considered official. KU does not consider transcripts that come from applicants or that have been in the applicant's possession as official.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters must be on letterhead.
- Resume or CV
- Official GRE score report
- Statement of Objectives
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score report
- Master's program regular admission requires an undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0.
International20312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20312 USD per year during 12 months.
National18674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18674 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8202 USD per year during 12 months.
- Annual tuition for 18 credits
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.