Participants complete Rutgers University graduate courses and professional development hours associated with writing instruction.
The non-degree program in the Teaching of Writing from Rutgers University requires twelve graduate credits earned from Rutgers University courses – on and/or off campus – that address the teaching of writing. In addition, participants complete a portfolio and at least 20 professional development hours from the National Writing Project at Rutgers workshops. Professional development hours that fulfill requirements include a variety of workshops offered on or off-campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Learning and Teaching: Summer Institute in Writing
- Teachers as Writers
- Theoretical Foundations of Literacy: Theory, Research, and Curriculum
- Topics in English Education
- Teaching Writing for Children and Adolescents
- Writing Project Workshop: Bringing Research and Theory into Practice
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 299 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- All applicants who are not currently in a Graduate/Non-degree program and don’t have an active RU ID # will need to complete a Graduate Study application. Applications can be completed online or obtained from the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions.
- Applicants are responsible for reviewing and confirming that they meet program requirements before the application is submitted. Rutgers Graduate School of Education WILL NOT refund the application fee if an applicant is not accepted. Applications are due two weeks before the beginning of the next semester.
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15072 USD per semester during 60 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15072 USD per semester during 60 months.
In-State17736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8868 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.