The degree is examined solely via the submission of a 25,000 - 30,000 word dissertation. On the basis of the information included on their application form, each student will be allocated a supervisor who has knowledge relevant to their area of study. It is expected that students will have regular dissertation tutorials with their supervisor and that they will regularly prepare written work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You will have regular meetings with a dissertation supervisor and take the appropriate research training course in Women's Studies, alongside students on the taught MA degrees.
- In certain circumstances, where appropriate and if it will enhance work being undertaken for the dissertation, you may be required to take a module from the main course, Approaching Women's Studies or an option course from the taught MA degree.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 100 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You will need to upload the following documents when you apply:
- Academic transcript
- Research proposal or outline of academic interests
- Your CV (curriculum vitae)
- Copy of a language certificate
- Personal statement
- Evidence of financial support
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for York
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.