The Master of Science in Electric Power Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University provides graduate students a thorough understanding of the tools, methods, and practice of electric power engineering. The program goal is to provide an education that is directly applicable to a career in industry and is suitable for a new or recent graduate, as well as experienced professionals who want to receive the necessary retraining to change careers. The program is designed to educate a new type of engineering workforce which is currently in high demand.
The main features of MS-EPSE include:
- core electric power engineering courses;
- interdisciplinary courses focusing on power electronics, data communications, cybersecurity, and environmental issues associated with electric power systems.
- sub-specialization in power engineering
- Power System Operation and Control
- Power Electronics and Utility Applications
- Electric Power Generation Renewables and Conventional
- The Business of the Electric Utility
- Power System Transients
- Electric Motor Drives
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 386 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Test Scores GRE
- Proof of English Proficiency
International30906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30906 USD per year during 10 months.
National30906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30906 USD per year during 10 months.
In-State11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 10 months.
Living costs for Raleigh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.