Students may complete the Education: Preschool Through Grade-3 program from Rutgers University in conjunction with the Ed.M. in learning, cognition, and development or the Ed.M. in early childhood/elementary education. In addition, students not seeking a degree may complete the program on a nonmatriculated basis.
This program has three goals:
- to prepare early childhood professionals to work in diverse settings with an understanding of the contexts in which children grow and develop;
- to prepare teachers who are knowledgeable about children’s learning and their physical, cognitive, social and emotional development; and
- to foster an understanding of a variety of ways in which early childhood programs can be delivered to support the foundations of discipline-based knowledge in literacy, mathematics, science, and art.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Literacy Development in the Early Years
- Theories and Practices of Early Education
- Learning and Teaching in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Child, Family, and Community: Relationships in Development
- Cognition and Language from Birth to Age Eight: Normal Development and Implications for Risk and Disability
- Enhancing Learning and Development for Infants and Young Children
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation View 3508 other Masters in Education in United States
- A photocopy of a New Jersey Standard Instructional Certificate or a Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS).
- Official academic transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher degree equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university. Applicants are not usually admitted with a GPA of less than 2.75 in their most recent degree.
International900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
National900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.