The Literacy Education program of Rutgers University is designed to encourage students to:
- articulate their visions of themselves as teachers;
- identify and critique the assumptions that undergird their vision;
- become critically familiar with competing visions;
- develop instructional strategies that will help them enact their visions; and
- engage in the kind of reflective inquiry that is an essential characteristic of an effective teacher.
- Issues of Diversity in Language and Literacy Learning
- Courses in Literacy Education
- Courses in Educational Foundations
- Other courses under advisement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Literacy Education View 1720 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official undergraduate transcript
International30900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.