The Rutgers University Graduate School of Education is dedicated to the study and improvement of education. The creation of knowledge about teaching and learning is central to our mission. We seek to ensure that all children and adults have access to high quality educational programs. As such, our work addresses the cognitive, social, organizational, cultural, linguistic, developmental, and policy dimensions of education. Our instructional programs are designed to produce graduates who become effective educational practitioners, transformative educational leaders, and accomplished educational researchers. Our partnerships and service contributions focus on New Jersey but extend to both national and global communities. The Education: Literacy program is offered at Rutgers University.
The program is designed to encourage students to:
- articulate their visions of themselves as teachers;
- identify and critique the assumptions that undergird their vision;
- become critically familiar with competing visions;
- develop instructional strategies that will help them enact their visions; and
- engage in the kind of reflective inquiry that is an essential characteristic of an effective teacher.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Issues of Diversity in Language and Literacy Learning
- Courses in Literacy Education
- Courses in Educational Foundations
- Other courses under advisement
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- The program requires 30 credits of study beyond the bachelor’s degree. Students are required to take at least 12 credits in literacy education and to situate their studies in literacy education within both related areas and educational foundations. In addition, students must successfully complete a comprehensive examination.
- Accepted students will have 5 years to complete the program, from the beginning of any course work to be counted toward the program.
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
In-State17736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8868 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.