The Education: English as a Second Language program from Rutgers University consists of six courses (18 credits) and does not, by itself, lead to an academic degree. Candidates will be recommended for the ESL endorsement upon completion of the 18-credit program and then will have the option of continuing in the Ed.M. program.
The Rutgers University Graduate School of Education is dedicated to the study and improvement of education. The creation of knowledge about teaching and learning is central to our mission. We seek to ensure that all children and adults have access to high quality educational programs. As such, our work addresses the cognitive, social, organizational, cultural, linguistic, developmental, and policy dimensions of education. Our instructional programs are designed to produce graduates who become effective educational practitioners, transformative educational leaders, and accomplished educational researchers. Our partnerships and service contributions focus on New Jersey but extend to both national and global communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language and Culture
- Principles of Second/Foreign Language Acquisition
- Foundations of Language
- Academic English in the Content Areas
- ESL Secondary School Methods
- Introduction to ESL/Elementary School Methods
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguages View 48 other Masters in Languages in United States
Along with the application, the applicant must submit the following credentials:
- A photocopy of a New Jersey Standard Instructional Certificate or CEAS.
- Official academic transcripts of all undergraduate studies. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Applicants are not usually admitted with a GPA of less than 3.00 in their most recent degree.
- A letter of recommendation.
- A personal statement that briefly describes an experience with English language learners and bilingual students and explains why the applicant wishes to enroll in our non-degree ESL Program.
International900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
National900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.