While students at the Master’s level in Educational Psychology complete a common core of courses, a portion of each Master’s degree program is composed of courses selected by the student and his/her advisory committee to tailor the program of study around the student’s personal interests and professional aspirations. This degree is offered at Washington State University .
M.A. recipients in educational psychology are well prepared to continue doctoral level training if so desired. However, an M.A would give access to entry level positions in this intriguing field that presents an ever-changing, challenging, and rewarding work environment. The M.A. does require the completion of a written thesis and is encouraged if a student is considering the pursuit of a doctoral degree.
All graduates will be able to:
- Ability to think critically, evaluate, understand, apply, and communicate scientific research.
- Ability to understand and apply research designs.
- Ability to understand and apply statistical, measurement, evaluation, principles to their area of research.
- Awareness and understanding how diversity issues and protected populations influences research.
- Development of professional identity appropriate for future career plans.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The work in such areas as research, evaluation, and measurement may include for example: the opportunity to make contributions to the improvement of educational settings (e.g., schools, universities), to have some influence on individuals through consultation on programs, methods, or to provide information through analysis to individuals who shape policy.
- Other opportunities may include positions in the testing industry; researcher at national firms studying educational issues; assessment specialist at national foundations.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall January 10
- Spring July 1
DisciplinesEducation Psychology View 3390 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To apply, please provide the following information: a WSU Graduate School online application, official transcripts, a supplemental department application, a current resume documenting any related work or research experience; a brief statement of your professional objectives and how you believe they will be promoted by admission to the program (do not exceed two typed single spaced pages); three letters of reference forwarded by persons familiar with your qualifications; transcripts showing all previous college or university coursework; for international students only: TOEFL or IELTS scores. For all students GRE is optional, if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
National6369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6369 USD per year during 12 months.
The tuition fee may vary depending on the location of your study program.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.