Housed in the world-class Frick Chemistry Laboratory, faculty and students work at the frontiers of science where the lines between chemistry and other disciplines merge. They conduct collaborative, interdisciplinary research with the potential to produce anything from new molecules and forms of energy to advanced models of catalysis and innovative materials.
They also are immersed in the classic pursuit of chemistry -- to examine the composition of substances and investigate their properties and reactions.
A Master of Science in Chemistry is offered at Princeton University to select industry-sponsored candidates. The program may be completed on a part-time basis under one of the following three plans:two consecutive academic years with full-time study one term each year; two consecutive academic years with half-time study both terms of each year; two consecutive academic years with full-time study one term of one year and half-time study in two other terms during the two-year period. For additional information about eligibility and application procedures for the Master of Science, please contact the department directly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Responsible Conduct of Research in Chemistry
- Basic Principles of Quantum Mechanics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Mechanistic and Physical Organic Chemistry
- Topics in Biological Chemistry: Chemical Tools to Study Biological Systems
- Chemical Instrumentation
- Principles of Macromolecular Structure: Protein Folding, Structure and Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 536 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- To be eligible for admission to the Graduate School applicants must, before they are enrolled, hold a bachelor’s degree or its foreign equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Finalize resume/curriculum vitae.
- Gather email addresses and full names of three recommenders prior to submitting the application online. Letters of recommendation will be submitted using our electronic recommendation service.
- Arrange to have prerequisite test scores sent to Princeton.
- Be sure the statement of academic purpose outlines goals for graduate study.
International53890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53890 USD per year during 24 months.
National53890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53890 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Princeton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.