This Social Policy programme from University of York offers a combination of taught coursework and supervised independent study. You will also complete an independent study project which is an opportunity for you to demonstrate the research skills and knowledge you will develop in the earlier stages of the course.
This MRes is especially suited for:
- Graduates from social policy, politics, sociology or other social sciences
- Graduates from other backgrounds who wish to develop an understanding of social research methods and policy analysis
- Those looking to develop a career in social research and/or policy analysis
Careers and skills
The MRes in Social Policy develops skills required by employers in a number of areas, especially policy analysis and research. You'll also find you develop transferable skills that will allow you to progress to different career areas.
The MRes in Social Policy is designed for students who want to become active in social policy analysis and research. Graduates from the MRes in Social Policy go on to a wide variety of destinations but most tend to go into one of three key areas:
- Policy analysis inside government agencies, NGOs or campaigning organisations
- Research in the same fields
- Academic research and PhD level study.
- There are also opportunities outside social policy, including civil service, journalism and social enterprise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Policy Analysis
- Research Design
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesSociology Public Policy View 358 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent
- You will also be considered if you have relevant work experience and academic potential
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8440 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time (2 years)
- UK: £4,220
- Internationa/ EU: £9,350
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.