Survey and Data Science from University of Michigan is built for those who are interested in careers applying cutting-edge methods from the social sciences and data science to research problems across a wide range of applications that involve human behavior and attitudes.
Survey and data science master’s degree program graduates provide high-quality information to decision makers to help make our world a better place. Our graduates are working in a variety of industries. Examples of where they have worked include:
- Social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
- Research and academic programs at Harvard University, the University of Maryland, the University of Michigan, UCLA, and Mount Holyoke College
- Research and survey companies such as Nielsen, Pew Research Center, Qualtrics, and Survey Monkey
- Government agencies such as the U.S. Census Bureau, the National Science Foundation, and the National Institutes of Health
- Global organizations such as Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and the World Bank
- Survey Methodology
- Methods and Theory of Sample Design
- Data Collection Methods
- Applied Sampling/Methods of Survey Sampling
- Questionnaire Design
- Cognition, Communication, and Survey Measurement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 546 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Michigan and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants should have a strong analytical background in social science disciplines and statistics.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- The average undergraduate GPA for applicants admitted in Fall 2021 was 3.52 on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Test Scores
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.