It is ideal for those working or hoping to work in international policy analysis and policy development in governments, charities and NGOs around the world.
This MA is especially suitable for:
- graduates from degrees in social policy, politics, sociology, international studies or other social sciences
- graduates from other backgrounds who wish to develop a high quality of graduate level research training in social research methods and policy analysis
- graduates who wish to develop an understanding of comparative and international welfare institutional arrangements
- those looking to develop a career in social research and/or policy analysis.
Careers and skills
The Comparative and International Social Policy programme from University of York develops skills that employers need in a number of areas, especially policy analysis and research. You'll also develop transferable skills that will allow you to progress to different career areas or to continue your studies at PhD level.
This Masters is designed for students who want to become active in social policy analysis and research. Graduates go on to a wide variety of destinations but most tend to go into one of these key areas:
- Policy analysis inside intergovernmental organisations, national government agencies, think tanks, social service administration, NGOs or campaigning organisations
- Researchers in policy organisations, consultancies and international departments of national civil services
- Government ministries
- Higher education careers, including academic research and PhD level study
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Policy Analysis
- Comparative and International Social Policy - Research Methods
- Comparative Social Policy - Governance, Management and Delivery
- Globalisation and Social Policy
- Graduate Research Workshop
- Reflective Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Sociology Public Policy View 239 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- You will normally be expected to have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification. You will also be considered if you have relevant work experience and academic potential.
International18240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18240 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8040 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time (2 years)
- UK/EU: £8,040
- International: £9,120
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.