About the Program
The Clinical Research Management program of Rutgers University builds a broad and well-rounded foundation for the clinical research professional. Two paths can be selected:
- Clinical Research Management The core program covers the theory and practice of research methods, statistics, regulatory and legal framework of clinical investigations, clinical research operations, project management, leadership skills, disease process, and regulatory writing. Through the core courses, the competencies outlined by the Clinical Research Professional Core Competency Framework will be met. Students take additional courses defining their area of specialization in patient engagement, advertising and labeling, medical devices, international regulatory affairs, medical affairs, or clinical data management.
- Clinical Research Management –Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance The core program focuses on drug safety basics and regulations, risk management, signal detection, pharmacoepidemiology, theory and practice of research methods, regulatory requirements of clinical investigations, disease process and pharmacology.
Both programs culminate with a capstone project, which is an experiential training opportunity to apply best practices learned in the classroom at a clinical research site or at a bio-pharma company.
- Multiple Analyses in Clinical Trials
- Data Interpretation
- Overview of Disease Processes and Treatment
- Adverse Event Reporting & Postmarketing Activities
- Principles of Pharmacovigilance: Regulations & Drug Safety Reporting
- Risk Management Tools
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Human Medicine Pharmacy View 1867 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum GPA of 3.0. No previous clinical research professional experience is required for entry. If applying to the Drug Safety Track, a clinical background in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or allied health, is suggested but not required.
- Complete application form online
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can assess your professional ability and potential for successful graduate studies
- A 250-word statement
- $70.00 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcript from highest degree attained
- Credential Evaluation: Applicants who have attended an educational institution in a foreign country are required to have their transcript(s) evaluated by a transcript evaluation service
- A passing TOEFL test score (min. of 79 Internet based) is required for individuals who have a foreign degree from countries where English is not an official language
- The GRE is not required
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State14508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 806 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.