The program is designed to prepare individuals for service, research, teaching in academia, government, and industry. The graduate program in Textile and Apparel Technology offers a Master of Science with thesis.
The international textile and apparel industry operates as a total system that integrates environment, strategy, structure, and performance. Innovative research, effective product management and design, and optimal product management rely on the creative use of advanced technology. The master’s program is designed to prepare students to meet the challenges of design-driven industries through innovative problem solving, product development, and managerial strategies that incorporate the application of new technologies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advances in Product Development and Technical Design
- International Sourcing and the Global Economy
- E-Commerce and Direct Marketing
- Textile Instrumentation
- Digital Design and PrintingTextile Functional Finishes
- Digital Modeling of Textiles
- Production Mechanics and Properties of Woven Fabrics
- Global Textile and Apparel Business Dynamics
- Color Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Fashion Design View 209 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International3750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1875 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National3750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1875 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State2448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1224 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Graduate students at The University of Texas at Austin generally support themselves in one of the following ways: departmental aid in the form of scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships; fellowships administered by the Office of Graduate Studies; need-based financial aid administered by the Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS), and outside funding or employment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.