The Master's in Statistics degree at The University of Texas at Austin is administered through the Deparment of Statistics and Data Sciences, but has its own graduate advisor and graduate studies committee. The Graduate Studies Committee for this program consists of faculty members from a variety of departments across campus. The focus of the program is a mix of theory and application.
The program is offered in two tracks: track A and track B. Track A is designed for students seeking a terminal MS Statistics degree or for students currently pursuing doctoral programs other than statistics.Track B is designed for students enrolled in the PhD Statistics program who transfer into the MS Statistics program from the PhD Statistics program. Both tracks require completion of thirty-two semester hours of approved coursework and include the completion of a master’s report.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Statistics I
- Regression Analysis
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Bayesian Statistical Methods
- Consulting Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 419 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International17312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8656 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National17312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8656 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4342 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Graduate students at The University of Texas at Austin generally support themselves in one of the following ways: departmental aid in the form of scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships; fellowships administered by the Office of Graduate Studies; need-based financial aid administered by the Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS), and outside funding or employment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.