- The Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics program of University of Pennsylvania is at the forefront in preparing students for leadership careers by providing opportunities to work in emerging and interdisciplinary areas that are fueling exciting advances in technology. The program can be tailored and customized to meet individual needs under the guidance and approval of an academic advisor.
- Students can choose to focus on Design and Manufacturing, Mechanical Systems (Robotics, and Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS)), Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics with applications in energy production, material processing, and the electronics industry, Mechanics of Materials, or Biomechanics.
Numerical Methods and Modeling
Probability and Statistics
Foundations of Engineering Mathematics
Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos
Data-driven Modeling and Probabilistic Scientific Computing
Topics In Computational Science and Engineering
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 611 other Masters in Physics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pennsylvania and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Biographical information
- Personal Statement
- Two  official Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript – submitted with application
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- GRE scores
- English language proficiency tests
International7884 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7884 USD per module during 18 months.
National7884 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7884 USD per module during 18 months.
- Tuition per 1 course
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.