About the Program
In addition to coursework and training in bioengineering fundamentals, students complete and present a term paper, project, or independent study. The Biomedical Engineering program of Rutgers University is a convenient, flexible option for busy professionals looking to enhance their credentials with an advanced degree.
BME Curriculum Highlights
Students can study any of our key focus areas: molecular systems; nanosystems and microsystems; tissue engineering and regenerative medicine; biomechanics and rehabilitation engineering; physiologic systems; and bioinstrumentation, biomedical imaging, and neuroengineering. We also offer:
- A Certificate in Medical Device Development
- Courses in entrepreneurship
- Courses in a wide range of topics from multiple areas in biomedical engineering
- Bioimaging Methods
- Biosignal Processing and Biomedical Imaging
- Biocontrol, Modeling and Computation
- Kinetics, Thermodynamics and Transport
- Biomechanics and Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 439 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- Three letters of recommendation, personal statement, and official undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts
- The GRE General test is preferred, but not required, for all applicants
- TOEFL/IELTS scores are required for International Applicants
- Personal statement instructions: focus on experience in a lab or work setting, how BME relates to you, list research experience and any Rutgers Faculty you may wish to work with
International32232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16116 USD per semester during 12 months.
National32232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16116 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9474 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Camden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.