The Wireless Embedded Systems degree is conferred by the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) and is managed by the departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering at UCSD.
The next step in the wireless revolution is the connection of everyday devices through wireless technology. Embedded wireless technology is expected to explode in the next decade, and touch nearly every market sector from personal electronics and medical devices, to the transportation infrastructure and manufacturing.
Next generation embedded wireless devices have unique requirements that dictate a holistic approach to their design. Their form factor, cost, and power consumption must be dramatically lower than existing cellular phones. The design of these devices requires a unique interdisciplinary background in systems, software, hardware and communication theory.
Program Key Features
- High-quality technical program with interdisciplinary focus
- Courses taught by UCSD faculty experts
- Friday and/or Saturday class schedule, alternating weekends
- 9 courses, complete degree in 2 years
- Small class size, build network with engineering professionals
- Team oriented capstone design project
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems Design
- Software for Embedded Systems
- Wireless Communications Circuit Systems
- Validation and Prototyping of Embedded Systems
- Digital Communications Systems
- Wireless Embedded Systems on a Chip
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 224 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, San Diego and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science field preferred
- A minimum scholastic average of B or 3.0 GPA (or its equivalent, if the letter grade system is not used) is required for course work completed in the final two years of undergraduate study and any post baccalaureate study.
- Two years of relevant work experience or equivalent post bachelor's degree required.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: List your experience and achievements.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS Score: For international applicants only. The English language proficiency requirement can be waived if you have been working in the US for at least one full year.
- GRE: General Test is recommended
International26802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26802 USD per year during 24 months.
National26802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26802 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.