The graduate program in Structural Engineering at the University of California, San Diego is aimed at training a select number of highly skilled professionals in structural engineering with the academic and engineering credentials to assume leadership roles in industry and academia.
- The M.S. degree program is intended to provide students with additional fundamental knowledge as well as specialized advanced knowledge in selected structural engineering aspects over and above the undergraduate degree course work.
- The doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) degree program is intended to prepare students for careers in teaching, research, and/or in their chosen professional specialties. The Ph.D. program requires a departmental comprehensive examination, a Ph.D. candidacy examination, a Ph.D. dissertation based on new and unique research, and a dissertation defense.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Primary research focus areas within the Structural Engineering Department:
- Earthquake Engineering,
- Advanced Composites and Aerospace Structural Systems,
- Geotechnical Engineering,
- Structural Health Monitoring, Prognosis, and Validated Simulations,
- Computational Mechanics.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 403 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Online Graduate Application
- Statement of Purpose
- 3-letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts (from all institutions attended since High School)*
- General GRE Scores In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the GRE test requirement is waived for Fall 2021 admissions cycle. With that said, because the Structural Engineering Department reviews all application materials in its entirety, GRE scores will also be considered if submitted.
- TOEFL Score Results (international students only)
International21656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per semester during 12 months.
National21656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5794 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Tuition per quarter
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.