The Anthropology program of University of Toronto offers research training and courses of instruction in five fields:
- Evolutionary Anthropology
- Linguistic and Semiotic Anthropology
- Medical Anthropology
- Sociocultural Anthropology
The MSc program is most appropriate for students who are considering careers in consulting archaeology, some aspects of medical or forensic anthropology, NGO work, or application to PhD programs in Anthropology at other Canadian universities.
The full-time two-year program is normally completed by the summer of Year 2. The MSc program can be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Social Cultural Anthropology and Global Issues
- Archaeology of Ritual and Identity
- Western Views of the Non-West
- Anthropology of Material Culture
- Human Movement
- Multispecies Ethnography
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology View 23 other Masters in Anthropology in Canada
- Applicants are admitted under the General Regulations of the School of Graduate Studies. Applicants must also satisfy the Department of Anthropology’s additional admission requirements stated below.
- B+ average or equivalent.
- Applicants must satisfy the department that they have the appropriate background to enter a particular program of graduate study.
- Two letters of reference.
- A brief statement of interest (not exceeding 1,000 words)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.