Ranked as a Top 50 Master's in Taxation program globally, our program is a flexible accounting degree that gives professionals like you a competitive advantage in the field of taxation and satisfies the 150-hour requirement for the CPA exam.
This Master of Accountancy in Taxation from Rutgers University imparts a basic knowledge of the major technical, conceptual, and research issues in the area of tax and taxation, and provides training in the practical and procedural aspects of taxation.
You will also explore the ethical and legal obligations of practicing in the area of taxation, and collaborating with the Rutgers University-Newark School of Law, will have the opportunity to take some of these courses at the law school.
Here are five reasons to pursue a Master's degree in Taxation:
As a top 50 Master’s in Taxation program globally, according to Eduniversal, graduates are highly sought by all major accounting firms and corporations as evidenced by the fact that some of the most prestigious firms have hired our graduates, including; EisnerAmper, CohnReznick, WithumSmith + Brown, and the Big 4.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Income Taxation
- Ethics in Business
- Federal Income Taxation
- Law & Legal Reasoning
- Partnership Taxation
- Regulation of Tax Practice
- Tax Practice and Procedures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting Taxation View 543 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Ideal candidates for the program, which is administered on a part-time basis, should hold a bachelor's or master's degree with an accounting background, or have practiced in the area of taxation. Candidates must meet the admissions requirements of Rutgers Business School: Graduate Programs — Newark and New Brunswick including a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- You must submit the TOEFL or PTE Academic test if your native language is not English. Not required of students who have done 3 or more years of their undergraduate work or have obtained a graduate degree in the U.S.
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State24360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12180 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.