The school at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill offers graduate instruction leading to the degrees of master of science in information science (M.S.I.S.), master of science in Library Science (M.S.L.S.), professional science master's degrees (P.S.M.) in digital curation and biomedical and health informatics, post-master’s certificate (P.M.C.) in data curation, doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in information and library science, and a doctor of philosophy (Ph.D) in health informatics.
- The school also offers an undergraduate major in information science (B.S.I.S.) and an undergraduate minor in information systems.
- Within these degree programs, students complete a core set of courses and build their own specialized program of studies on this foundation.
- Understanding Information Technology for Managing Digital Collections
- Selected Topics
- Professional Field Experience
- Human Information Interactions
- Information Resources and Services
- Information Retrieval
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 702 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.