The Communication Sciences and Disorders program at Pennsylvania State University also serves to provide students in other curricula at Penn State with orientation toward and information about communication sciences and disorders.
Facilities for student training and research include in-house clinical therapy and diagnostic services, laboratories in speech science and audiology, and affiliated schools and clinics. The program enjoys academic, research, and clinical relationships with a number of related programs at Penn State and draws upon academic work from related areas as part of the graduate training in communication sciences and disorders. Preparation is given for school and professional certifications and licensure.
The CSD academic program is accredited by the Council of Academic Affairs of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Master's-level graduate study requires a full-time externship experience, ordinarily occurring during the final semester of study.
- Research Methods in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Physiologic and Acoustic Issues in Speech Science
- Phonological Disabilities
- The Voice and Its Disorders
- Craniofacial Anomalies: Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate
- Neuromotor Disorders of Speech
- Language Disorders in Adults
- Language Disorders in Children
- Assessment and Intervention in Agumentative and Alternative Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Special Education Linguistics View 418 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) are required for admission.
- Approximately 35 credits are required for admission, distributed among speech pathology, audiology, speech science, education, and psychology, and including a course in statistics.
- Students with a 3.00 junior/senior average (on a 4.00 scale) and with appropriate course backgrounds will be considered for admission.
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 24 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.