Online Master of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene
The Master of Science Degree Program in Dental Hygiene at The University of New Mexico is intended to develop dental hygienists to teach, develop dental health programs in a variety of settings, conduct research and provide care as collaborative dental hygiene practitioners throughout New Mexico.
The purpose of this program is consistent with UNM's mission, which is to educate students by developing their intellectual and creative skills and capabilities so students may be well equipped to participate in the world as productive and enlightened individuals.
The Master of Science Degree Program in Dental Hygiene will enable the graduate-level prepared dental hygienist to:
- Build on the knowledge gained in baccalaureate degree dental hygiene
- Prepare and specialize in dental hygiene
- Enhance decision-making skills by participating in graduate-level dental hygiene courses
- Develop problem-solving skills for independent dental hygiene practice
- Contribute to the dental hygiene scientific body of knowledge
- Conduct research and theory development in the dental hygiene sciences
- Expand the scope of general knowledge by participating in University elective courses
- Provide career opportunities in alternative practice settings
- Build a foundation for future doctoral education in related disciplines
- Develop collegiate relationships with practicing health care professionals
- Participate in graduate dental hygiene internship experiences in educational settings, rural areas, industry and community outreach sites.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Dental Hygiene Research Methods
- Instructional Strategies
- Clinical Teach / Admin
- Current Issues
- Dental Hygiene Management / Admin
- Oral Medicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 8 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
- Application to Office of Graduate Studies.
- Application to the Division of Dental Hygiene through ADEA DH CAS.
- Photocopy of National Dental Hygiene Board Examination results.
- Proof of a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene or a related field, and in the latter case, proof of having completed an accredited certificate or associate degree program in dental hygiene.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online through ADEA DH CAS.
- Completion of a certificate, associate or bachelor degree program in dental hygiene that has been accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and a regional accrediting agency.
- A copy of a current American dental hygiene license.
International967 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 967 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National286 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 286 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.