You'll develop the skills needed by today's environmental managers, policymakers and scientists to tackle environmental issues at local, regional and global levels. You'll be prepared for a wide range of careers across the public and private sectors. This Masters also provides a good basis for further study at PhD level.
The core modules will provide you with knowledge in Environmental Economics and a appreciation of the challenges to which economic analysis can be applied. You'll also be equipped to incorporate environmental feedback into economic decision making in a way that satisfies both ecological managers and economists.
You'll be taught by a range of interdisciplinary staff with varied Environmental research interests.
Careers and skills
You'll develop the skills and knowledge you will need to follow a career in an environmental organisation in both the public and private sectors. The Environmental Economics and Environmental Management programme from University of York also provides an ideal basis to progress to further study at PhD.
Graduates have gone on to work in a range of public sector bodies, including Defra, the Food Standards Agency, the Environment Agency and the OECD. Graduates also work in environmental consultancies, non-governmental organisations and research agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Research in Environment, Economics and Ecology
- Applied Environmental Economics
- Biodiversity Conservation and Protected Areas
- Research Skills and Statistical Methods
- Business and Environment
- Economics for Natural Resources and Environmental Management
- Environmental Governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management View 136 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent. We will also consider your application if you have a 2:2 honours degree and relevant work experience. Ideally you will have studied both some ecology and some economics as part of your degree but applications from students from either discipline are welcome. If you did not have a significant quantitative component to your degree you may also be considered with a requirement to attend a Summer School in Microeconomics and Quantitative Methods.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9290 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.