Our comprehensive online program prepares you to be a leader in your school and/or district, as you develop a keen understanding of the trends and issues in curriculum development, along with research-based techniques to improve student achievement. You'll improve your teaching practice, and learn how to create an optimal learning environment for every student.
Advance your knowledge for working with students from diverse backgrounds. Our fully online Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction: Curriculum Development Specialization allows you to fuel your passion for education and learning. Through our program, you will gain experience that empowers you to make changes in your classroom and become a leader in your school. Special emphasis is placed on understanding approaches to curriculum and instruction for meeting the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse learners.
The online Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction: Curriculum Development Specialization consists of six eight-week terms. Students enroll in 4 courses (12 credits) each semester, which is the equivalence of two courses each term. A total of 36 credit hours (12 courses) is necessary to complete the program. The coursework includes content in curriculum and instruction, curriculum development, and research. You will be provided with the tools and opportunities to engage in an Action Research Project as part of the curriculum that helps customize the focus of the program.
Our comprehensive master's program prepares teachers for the changing demands of the field, and to meet the needs of the growing minorities of students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The online Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction from Florida International University Online: Curriculum Development Specialization provides you with the foundation to become a better educator and leader in your school and/or district. You develop a keen understanding of the trends and issues in curriculum development and instruction, along with research-based methods to improve student achievement. You'll emerge from our program with an advanced degree that will enhance your job opportunities and increase your knowledge and skills to be a better teacher for your students.
The Curriculum and Instruction degree includes these unique features:
- An Action Research Project that allows you to customize your focus
- Faculty mentor to guide you through Action Research Project
- FIU's renowned College of Education is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Our faculty members are leaders in education with years of classroom experience teaching culturally and linguistically diverse students. FIU's renowned College of Education is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- You can connect with confidence, with the knowledge that FIU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral degrees. FIU also enjoys national recognition and top rankings in many of its programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Development
- Learning Styles Applications
- Foundations of Educational Research
- Field Research for Educators
- Developing a Global Perspective
- Curriculum Design for Childhood Education
- Education of the Child in Urban Society
- Secondary School Curriculum
- Curriculum Evaluation and Improvement
- Politics of Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation View 971 other Masters in Education in United States
- Four-year U.S. bachelor degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 hours of upper division coursework. If you have questions regarding the GPA requirement, please contact an enrollment specialist as conditional admissions may be considered.
Meet one of the following:
- Valid Teacher Certification in appropriate area
- Valid Letter of Eligibility and passing scores on the Teacher Certification Examination
- Access to either K-12 students or K-12 teachers in an academic setting to work on the Action Research Project throughout the program.
- Good standing with all previously-attended colleges and universities
International18300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18300 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National18300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18300 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
FIU offers online students a number of different scholarship opportunities, including the Bright Futures Scholarship, for eligible Florida high school graduates, the First Generation Scholarship, and institutional programs for academic merit assistance and graduate assistance. Scholarships are offered university-wide as well as within various colleges at the university.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.