- A dynamic, interdisciplinary one-year Global Studies program at Brandeis University that provides a broad perspective on global institutions, critical issues, and the complex ways that globalization affects specific regions and countries.
- Receive intensive training in research, analysis, and writing, as well as a solid foundation in the theories and issues of globalization, increased cultural awareness, and augmented awareness of global agents.
- Develop skills and expertise that are valuable in the public or private sectors in a broad range of professions deeply impacted by globalization, such as non-profits, NGOs (non-government organizations), and international service agencies.
- Valuable for students who seek a solid basis and strong credentials for advanced training in a relevant social science or humanities field, such as anthropology, history, politics, and sociology.
The degree involves a minimum of one academic year in which students complete eight courses and a master’s thesis. The curriculum includes two core courses, one graduate level course in methodology, and four electives, which vary according to track or specialty. Specific classes for each track can be found on the links above (under "About the Global Studies Program").
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Global Agents
- Critical Global Issues
- Master’s Thesis
- Designing Anthropological Research
- istorical Research: Methods, Theories
- Survey Design and Data Analysis
- Political Science Methods: Research, Design
- Seminar: Research Methods, Methodology
- Historical and Comparative Sociology
- Quantitative Methods
- Evaluation of Evidence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 114 other Masters in International Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Standardized test scores or a graded analytical paper
- English Proficiency
- A letter of recommendation
International53500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National53500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.