Prepare to drive positive change as the leader of a mission-driven organization, business unit or government agency. Develop the capacity to work effectively across the nonprofit, private and public arenas. Learn about the complex factors that contribute to societal, political, economic and environmental problems – and the strategic leadership and management skills to address them. An Master of Business Administration in Nonprofit Management from from Brandeis University will prepare you to effect meaningful, sustainable change in the areas you care about most.
A curriculum grounded in social change
Our accelerated, 16-month curriculum condenses two years of study into four consecutive, intense semesters – ideal for people eager to return to the workplace and quickly put their new skills into action. The curriculum includes:
- Traditional MBA courses that will provide you with essential management skills, including budgeting, discounted cash flow analysis, effective mobilization of diverse groups, business plan development, communication and collaboration, workplace operations assessment and financial statement analysis.
- Innovative social change courses that will prepare you to advance your career along with your ideals, such as Stuart Altman’s Issues in National Health Policy, and Carole Carlson’s Social Entrepreneurship, or you can study legal issues and their impact on social justice with Anita Hill.
Exceptional experiential learning opportunities
Students have the opportunity to engage in a robust experiential learning program that includes:
- A team consulting engagement – Required of all Heller MBA students, this four-month consulting engagement is an opportunity to apply your analytical and problem-solving skills to help an organization more effectively pursue its social mission.
- Practicing Philanthropy – In this course, students have the chance to learn about the inner workings of a philanthropic foundation. They process real grant proposals, visit potential recipient sites, and actually award $10,000 to the organization of their choice.
- Internships - These hands-on experiences provide an opportunity for MBA students, working under the supervision of a faculty member, to apply the principles and frameworks from their MBA curriculum to a client organization seeking help with a management-related challenge.
- Heller MBA Board Fellows program - MBA students take one-year non-voting positions on nonprofit boards of directors, learning firsthand about how leaders make decisions from the inside and contributing their own innovative ideas.
- Student-run projects – We offer a student-run community bank of consulting projects where students can partner with organizations on short-term projects.
- Managing organizations with a social mission, whether in the nonprofit, public or for-profit sector, requires many skills — mobilizing people from diverse backgrounds, delivering quality services while using resources efficiently, achieving organizational financial health and accountability, understanding the political, economic and policy forces that shape the world, evaluating and continuously improving an organization's performance, and developing a vision into a reality.
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 2524 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Standardized test scores or a graded analytical paper
- English Proficiency
- A letter of recommendation
International53498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53498 USD per year during 16 months.
National53498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53498 USD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Waltham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.