The Anthropology BA program offered at Georgia State University is dedicated to the investigation of a broad range of social, cultural, political-economic and biological issues, processes and problems pertaining to the human experience in its past and present dimensions.
The Department of Anthropology program uses resources in metropolitan Atlanta to promote student learning, offering a concentration in Museum Anthropology and a graduate Certificate in Ethnography.
- This one of the only M.A. in the United States that encompasses the four fields of anthropology: archaeological, biological, cultural and linguistic anthropology.
- In the heart of downtown Atlanta, the department maintains connections and partnerships with museums, businesses, non-profit organizations and government institutions, facilitating internships and career-skills training across the subfields.
- Faculty members conduct nationally and internationally funded research in locations around the world. The regions of greatest focus are Latin America and Europe.
- Applied Anthropology
- Research Methods in Sociocultural Anthropology
- Qualitative Methods in Anthropology
- Methods and Theories in Biological Anthropology
- Forensic Anthropology
- Archaeological Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 33 semester hours for the thesis option
- 36 semester hours for the capstone option
DisciplinesAnthropology History Ancient History View 192 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of baccalaureate or graduate degree completion inside (from an accredited institution) or outside the U.S., where English is the official language of academic instruction.
- Cost to apply is $50.
- If degree transcripts are not in English, the transcripts must be translated.
- If it is a three-year degree, credential evaluation is required.
- If it is a four-year degree, the student should submit transcripts to be reviewed by an international admissions coordinator.
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Scores (international applicants only)
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.