Overview of the Environmental Management course at Brunel University London
You’ll be able to oversee environmental performance in the private, public and voluntary sector ensuring that improvements are made where possible and legislation is followed. This course seeks to raise your ability to understand and analyse environmental problems, in order to develop long-term solutions.
The Professional Development option provides you with an integrated work placement. You’ll have the opportunity to work on various projects and graduate with hands-on professional experience, something that will make you stand out when you embark on your career. At Brunel, we have excellent links with many organisations through our research activities so you can be assured of a high-quality placement at a relevant organisation. Opportunities for our MSc students include placements at The Environment Agency and international placements at the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
Careers and your future
After completing the course you will be equipped with the skills to pursue a range of environmental careers. You may wish to work as an environmental manager, an environmental analyst or perhaps start up your own consultancy or business. Many of our graduates go on to PhD level and research green technology. Some have started their own businesses supporting SMEs to remove toxic chemicals from wastewater treatment. There are opportunities in business, industry, education or government and local councils.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Environmental Management & Legislation
- Strategic Sustainable Development
- Climate Change and Planetary Health
- Research and Analytical Skills
- Chemical Risk Assessment and Management
- 15 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences View 220 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
- Students will normally be admitted with a science-based degree with a minimum grade of a 2:2 or equivalent internationally recognised qualification. A wide range of disciplines are acceptable, for example: Environmental Science; Engineering; Physics; Chemistry; Biology; Geography; Environmental Health; Marine Science; Maths; Agricultural Science; Law; Business and Economics.
- Applicants with a third class honours degree or other qualifications will be considered if supported by science A-level (or equivalent) and relevant work experience. Such applicants may be required to attend an interview.
International17355 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17355 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
EU/EEA8240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8240 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
Part-time fees per year:
- UK/EU students:£4,120
- International students: £8,675
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.