The Washington, D.C. region is home to one of the nation's largest concentrations of arts organizations. The demand for arts managers with skills in financial and budgetary management, strategic management and entrepreneurship, and public relations, including marketing and advertising, has arguably never been more acute.
The need for arts managers with skills in philanthropy, fund raising, and ongoing relationship management in the private and public arts sectors also continues to grow at a fast pace.
- The Arts Management program from George Mason University provides a core curriculum in the fundamentals of arts management. Students complete a 24-credit core and then select 9 credits of approved elective courses.
- Students also take an internship, which affords an in-depth opportunity to work with professionals in the field. The internship provides the opportunity to work at more than 60 different visual and performing arts venues in Washington, D.C., as well as national and international locations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fund Raising/Development
- Seminar in Arts Management
- Arts and Society
- Public Relations and Marketing Strategies for the Arts
- Governance and Leadership
- Finance and Budgeting for Arts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Management Studies View 1768 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- College Transcripts
- Goals Statement: Applicants should provide a statement of their intention and goals that specifically addresses the question, What will you anticipate doing with your degree? Length should be two pages or less.
- Two letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International51516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.