Computer Science at The City University of New York deals with information; its efficient representation and transformation, its communication and security; its storage, retrieval, analysis and display.
Areas of specialization
The areas of specialization include artificial intelligence, computer vision, networking, database systems, computer-human interaction, computer graphics, and numerical and symbolic computation. Our faculty are accomplished researchers who pair their pursuit of research with a serious commitment to teaching in their discipline, supplemented by well defined liberal arts courses available from other departments within City College.
What you'll study
The total curriculum is designed to help students develop the skills needed to become competent, articulate, and well-rounded professionals, able to begin careers in research, development, and business. The faculty enhance their teaching activities with a number of active research programs in such areas as digital signal processing, computer architecture, computer communications, computer security, pattern recognition, image analysis, symbolic computation, software engineering, verification and testing, VLSI, and CAD. Advanced undergraduate students are encouraged to participate in these research efforts.
- Fundamental Algorithms
- Codes, Cryptography, and Secure Communication
- Computer Security
- Database Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mathematical Programming
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 937 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Applicants should have a Computer Science background. If there are certain deficiencies in your undergraduate study that can be made up by taking undergraduate courses, conditional admission may be extended to those qualified candidates.
- Applicants should have a solid background in mathematics, i.e, Calculus 1-3, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics.
- Programming background and programming language is also looked for when reviewing candidates for admission.
- Candidates must have a 3.00 undergraduate GPA.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.