About the Program
The Environmental Engineering program Michigan Technological University integrates course work and research in environmental science, mathematics, and engineering application.
Under the guidance of an advisory committee, students tailor an academic plan to their individual interests and professional goals, choosing an area of emphasis from the following:
- Atmospheric systems and air-pollution control: to study atmospheric environmental processes and mitigate the air-pollution in engineered systems.
- Environmental chemistry: to study fundamental organic and inorganic chemistry embedded in various environmental systems and processes, including soil, gaseous, and aqueous phases.
- Environmental-systems modeling: to study how to understand and predict the various natural and engineered systems involving water, energy, food, soil, and air.
- Pollution prevention: to study how to prevent chemical and microbial contaminations in various environmental media, including the subsurface, groundwater, air, surface water, and engineered systems.
- Solid waste and hazardous wastes: to study the processes involving solid and hazardous disposal, remediation, and resource recovery in engineered and natural systems.
- Surface-water quality: to study the transport and transformation of conventional and emerging organic and inorganic contaminants and microbial species, the nutrient and carbon cycling, and the general water qualities in surface waters.
- Water resources: to study the planning, modeling, management and risk analysis, and the hydrologic and hydraulic engineering of water resources.
- Water and wastewater treatment: to study physical, chemical, and biological treatment processes for water purification and resource recovery in engineered water infrastructures.
- Bituminous Materials
- Advanced Concrete Materials
- Sustainable Pavement Engineering and Civil Engineering Materials
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Infrastructure Life Cycle Engineering
- Environmental Process Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 604 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- No Additional Documents Accepted
- TOEFL: Recommended Score of 100 iBT
- TOEFL: Required Minimum Score of 79 iBT
- IELTS: Recommended Overall Band Score of 7.0
- IELTS: Required Minimum Overall Band Score of 6.5
International25517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25517 USD per year during 12 months.
National25517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25517 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.