Program Strengths and Opportunities
- Learn how to grow and utilize forests. The Forestry program of Michigan Technological University is one of the top three forestry programs in the state, home to a designated Model Forest. Michigan Tech works with public and private landowners, industry, and the University on projects that directly benefit forest health, and commercial and recreational use.
- 6,500 feet of lab space, 2,000 of greenhouse, 5,397 acres of research forest.
- If you are interested in production forestry, focus on bioenergy, biofuels, lumber supply and biomaterial production—management is the objective. There is also outstanding potential in forest restoration, in Michigan, and other parts of the world.
- Tap into the wide breadth of expertise within our small, friendly academic community. Get to know us, and find who you want to work with.
- Research degrees are non-specific, and we intentionally set a low number of required classes, unless your committee requires them.
- Explore your interests with your committee and your advisor to define the optimal educational experience.
- Woody Plants of North America
- Forest Certification
- Forest Management
- Economic Analysis of Forestry
- Advanced Terrestrial Ecology
- Restoration Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply at least a semester in advance of projected admission to improve your chances of receiving funding.
DisciplinesSoil Science Forestry Ecology View 87 other Masters in Soil Science in United States
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (1 Letter of Recommendation for Michigan Tech students)
- Résumé / Curriculum vitae
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Please view our faculty web page and identify three faculty members that you would like to work with
- TOEFL: Required Score of 79 iBT
- IELTS: Required Overall Band Score of 6.5
International23332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23332 USD per year during 12 months.
National23332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23332 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.