Geology from Michigan Technological University spans fundamental and precise laboratory studies of rocks and minerals to field studies in remote and rugged locations to high-performance computing of climate and natural hazards using remotely sensed data.
Graduates with Geology from Michigan Technological University will be able to characterize:
- the hydrology of melting glaciers in Alaska, Svalbard, and Nepal,
- landslide and flood hazards in El Salvador,
- transport and observation of atmospheric pollutants in remote locations like Greenland and the Azores.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic Geology/ Petrology/Geochemistry
- Karst Hydrology & Geology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Apply at least a semester in advance of projected admission to improve your chances of receiving funding.
DisciplinesGeology Hydrology & Water Management View 236 other Masters in Geology in United States
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, and
- Be prepared for advanced study in your chosen field, as demonstrated by your previous degree and your scholastic record.
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Submit a Certificate of Finances Form to show proof of funding.
- English Proficiency
International21489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21489 USD per year during 12 months.
National21489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21489 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.